I haven't much to say this week as it's been pretty rough for me and I've not felt up for blogging or socialising so I'm deeply sorry, but next week I'm hoping to return to normal blogging and keeping up to date!
1. It's safe to say this image is horrendous, and I'm not sure if it could possibly get any worse. I spent the night out at Jennie's and basically had 7 hours sleep which isn't meant to happen on a weekend, I'm meant to lay in till forever, I haven't had a chance to get a photo of me where the lighting is actually good enough, and my hair is looking particularly odd currently, but I've grown to like it over the past 24 hours.
2. I've dyed my hair, it was meant to go all over lilac but has toned part of my hair and actually dyed other parts, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it now. I've given up with it and how judgemental my mother is over it, so it's going to just fade to a nice light grey colour...
3. I'm so tired, and I haven't much to say apart from I hope you've had a lovely weekend and Christmas is 40 or 39 days away now, however exciting!
Thought I'd throw a few things together today after college to cure boredom and remembered I have this lovely top but I don't actually have anything considered decent to wear beneath it apart from this pretty black bra, therefore it stays in my closet as college wouldn't agree with this. I over wear this skirt, it's just so easy and practical. I love it.
Do you have any items you wear a little bit too much, or any thing you haven't had a chance to wear yet?
This is from yesterday but even so, my hair and make up turned out really well which is often shocking for me as I'm so rushed in the morning and I decided to get some photos and couldn't lie to you all now could I. I didn't get any reasonable photos of my actual outfit as the window sill is the hardest place to get photos from, but the best place for lighting in the mornings. I love this blouse, it's a 16 and was my mum's from years ago -when she was pregnant with me, it's soft, so big that it might as well be a bat wing blouse and generally good for over sizing. The only issue is that I has to be tucked into a skirt, not even trousers because it bunches up.
I'm actually glad I didn't get a photo today, I'd not bothered to do my hair and barely put on any make up and just threw on some slouchy cloths. College was too tiring and lazy to make an effort for this morning. Soon as I finished I went to town and got some bits and bobs, make up, fabric glue costing £7 -best be good stuff or I'll be unhappy! I also bought some milk tea (it's the best drink in the entire world) which always perks up my day and reminds me of when I visited China, it's just amazing and I don't know how they do it, I always buy it if I'm in town since the Yammy opened.
How was everyone's day today then? Did you get rained on like I did this morning?
PS. That's Solar (also referred to as cat-cat) who conveniently got into the shot, in fact it's my favourite photo out of the lot which is odd.
Tie dying must be one of everyone's favourite childhood activity's, creating these amazing complicated patterns with multitudes of coloured dye never ceases to amaze a six year old -or in this case a 16 year old.
Tie dye is amazing, the patterns, colours, creations and everything that comes out of the process. What isn't to love? Topshop brought out several pairs of tie dye leggings this summer and I was desperate for a pair yet never had the money to purchase such items, they were the latest craze and being part of it would have been amazing. However, recently after re-making friends with Jennie -a girl who was also once obsessed with tie dye and very good at it- we came to the conclusion we could make our leggings, t-shirts and god knows what else we'd go to.
It sounds simple enough, white leggings, tie dye and a good friend at your side to guide you along right? Also a lot cheaper than what Topshop's asking price was ; saying this I am wanting the purple velvet tie dye. It doesn't sound like a hassle at all, they won't be nearly as elegant or perfect but creativity and having something which is your own creation just seems so much more appealing. Along with this, you can create whatever colours, patterns and styles you want which is amazing.
Basically, here are the main inspirations I'll be using for creating my leggings. Although the blue is gorgeous I think I'll find myself siding on pinks side because I like the idea of pastels mixing with pop colours and pink is such a perfect example of this. I may make this a DIY post when I come round to doing it, or I may just leave it and reveal the final product in an outfit post once.
1. First Sunday of the month aye, soon enough it'll be first Sunday of December then Sunday of Christmas. However exciting! Also the first Sunday post of my second half of being at college, Christ that sounds terrifying! It's gone oh so very quick and I'm not sure how I feel about this. Everything should be on track currently which is good, things are moving so fast I'm not sure if I like it.
2. Last night was Bonfire Night as many people from the UK will know, it can be an amazing thing and some people go completely all out on fireworks and making the event and night extremely special. I went to my mum's friend's house for the fireworks and then afterwards my neighbours to see their finale and it was all so beautiful and lovely. I'll have a set of the photos up some time this week once I sort through them.
3. I've spent today working on a present for my boyfriend that was meant to be done a month or so ago, ops. But that's what today has been filled with, but tomorrow I'm hoping to go into town and purchase some material to make yet another skirt. Winter isn't the best season for them but by god I love them!
PS. I apologise for the bad picture, my camera was severely misbehaving last night!
So I ordered a Graze box on Wednesday, due to a very helpful code which allowed my first box to be free! I've been so excited to get it and spent ages deciding on the different things I'd happily try. For £3.49 I think it's amazing value; it's small enough to slot in your bag to take along to work so you have a healthy -or not so healthy- snack throughout the day, or for lazy Sundays it keeps you from snacking on chocolate.
With my box I got; apple and cinnamon flapjack, which is absolutely beautiful I'm attempting to save the last piece for tomorrow; the beach, a combination of dried mango, pineapple and banana, I'm not a fan of the dried banana but it's still nice; golden honey nut cashews, I have a ridiculous love for them it's not right; and lastly the banana split, cashews, Belgian chocolate puffed rice and obviously banana. It's all so lovely and I think I may make this a fortnightly thing.
If you fancy claiming a Graze box for free use this code: D65HVZ6D and your first box will be free. I think it's a brilliant thing, each and everyone of you should defiantly try one. Whether this be your first or last, give it a go!
The gormless look was accidental and I only got 3 images of my face, and although this may seem strange this was the better of them. I managed to do my hair and actually like it for once, most likely because I had a little extra time this morning and was getting ready by myself, Joe usually comes round in the morning so I don't get much time to get ready as I'm fussing over talking to him and making sure he doesn't make a mess!
I've made myself the velvet skirt, I could of done with 2 metres of fabric rather than 1.5 but it's still doing it's job which is to look fabulous. I've got another project on the horizon, in fact 4 projects which makes like a little hard but I reckon if I plan my time correctly it will be easy enough. But just a little thank you for every one who's viewed, followed and commented my blog even if many people haven't always stuck around. I'm feeling extremely proud of myself currently and I'm loving doing what I do. So thank you!
So who likes the velvet skirt, and who would want one?